"The welfare of humanity is always the alibi of tyrants" - Albert Camus

Saturday, May 29, 2010

"One of my biggest differences with the Bush administration, and even with the Clinton administration, was that they overdid that. I have always been critical of this effort to equate a decent home with homeownership. I think we should have been doing more to provide rental housing. My efforts have been to try and get affordable rental housing. I was very much in disagreement with this push into home ownership, and I think the federal government should not be artificially doing that."

--Barney Frank, May 21, 2010


-----------------

Of course, in June 2005, Frank's story was quite different:
"We have, I think, an excessive degree of concern right now about homeownership and its role in the economy. ... Homes that are occupied may see an ebb and flow in the price at a certain percentage level, but you're not going to see the collapse that you see when people talk about a bubble. And so those of us on our committee in particular will continue to push for homeownership."

Barney must not be aware that what he said five years ago is readily available on the internet.
For leftists, history starts with their current public statement.

No comments: