Yesterday, Obama said to a group of veterans that his Administration has spearheaded a “new era of American leadership” that has made the U.S. “safer and stronger and more respected in the world.” He later added: "America should never apologize." Excuse me? I must be living in a parallel universe because, like too many of his comments, this one displays chutzpah and a clear detachment from reality. One has to start getting really nervous about his psychosis which apparently goes beyond a simple narcissistic personality disorder; more like bordering on that of a sociopath.
There is the world view, and then there is the demented view of Obama on America's standing in the world today. A country, like an individual, is only respected insofar as its commitment to rock solid principles and its stallwart backing of its allies. Just like someone who is not a man of his word is not respected, neither is a country that has no clearly defined direction or predictability.
It is ironic that shortly before Obama uttered these ridiculous words, the Australian foreign minister told Mitt Romney that the world sees America in decline. Similar sentiments were expressed in the past by Prime Ministers of U.K., Israel, and several other allies. How and why wouldn't they? We have double crossed just about every close ally. Remember selling out the security of central Europe (Czech Republic and Poland) when we literally gave away the missile defense shield to placate the Russians, who in turn made no concessions? Then how about Taiwan, whom we refused to sell war planes to in order to placate the Chinese? And the Israelis, who have continually been given the cold shoulder by this Administration just to get on Iran and the Muslim world's favors? Remember the Hondurans, whose dictator Obama stood behind when he was deposed by his people? The Colombians who were sacrified to placate Hugo Chavez would certainly agree. The long list of those allies we have betrayed don't stop there, but you get the point.
Then, we have the non-apology (according to Barack) apologies. Here are just ten of the many, courtesy of the Heritage Foundation:
1. Apology to France and Europe ("America Has Shown Arrogance")
2. Apology to the Muslim World ("We Have Not Been Perfect")
3. Apology to the Summit of the Americas ("At Times We Sought to Dictate Our Terms")
4. Apology at the G-20 Summit of World Leaders ("Some Restoration of America's Standing in the World")
5. Apology for the War on Terror ("We Went off Course")
6. Apology for Guantanamo in France ("Sacrificing Your Values")
7. Apology before the Turkish Parliament ("Our Own Darker Periods in Our History")
8. Apology for U.S. Policy toward the Americas ("The United States Has Not Pursued and Sustained Engagement with Our Neighbors")
9. Apology for the Mistakes of the CIA ("Potentially We've Made Some Mistakes")
10. Apology for Guantanamo in Washington ("A Rallying Cry for Our Enemies")
Neither a man nor a country can withstand the damage caused by losing the trust of your friends and the respect of your foes. We have accomplished both under this president. Is it any surprise that the man who has such delusions of his role on the economy, is also delusional about his foreign policy?
Now we can add foreign policy disaster to the economic and cultural disasters Obama has unleashed on America. November just can't get here soon enough!