Sunday, June 13, 2010
Responsibility or Lack Thereof ?
How ironic.....the man with unquestionably the thinnest skin in politics, who has incessantly blamed everything on nearly everyone from the previous administration to Wall Street to corporate greed, preaches about responsibility and not pointing a finger at others for our own failings.
How about taking your share of the responsibility, and apologizing for:
- having temporarily fooled the gullible 53% of the electorate that you were a moderate and that it would not be business as usual in Washington after you took office
- having more than a dozen lobbyists as well as all sorts of self admitted revolutionary, Marxist radicals (the ones you could not stay away from throughout your life) in your administration
- using Chicago style strong arm tactics in dealing with anyone or group who disagrees with your radical left views
- your administration's scandalous actions such as firing Inspector General Walprin for having caught your corrupt friends red handed, or dropping the ball on prosecuting the Black Panthers for intimidating voters with baseball clubs, or any one of literally dozens of other scandals that your water carriers in the media have tried to cover up for you
- the private investors that you threw overboard in favor of your buddies in the labor unions,
effectively transferring their wealth
- the reckless and lackluster government response to the Gulf oil spill
- the persistent, near 10%, unemployment rate that you said would not surpass 8% if the congress passed the failed trillion+ dollar so-called stimulus and subsequent spending bills
- having abdicated the leadership (moral and otherwise) of the U.S. and thus turned the world order upside down, where tyrannical regimes in Iran, N. Korea, Venezuela, etc. have gained stature in the face of your appeasement policies, while our friends in Israel, Colombia, Honduras, and elsewhere are paying the price of your lack of vision, experience, and belief in American exceptionalism
- continued disregard for the American public opinion on the health care reform bill, enforcement of immigration laws, a wide range of environmental initiatives including the cap and trade bill, and continued deficit spending - all of which the public opposes by a 2:1 to 3:1 margin.............
Yes, Mr. President, there is a lot more shameful, scandalous, radical actions you and your fellow progressives have taken that need to be taken responsibility for, but those whose political philosophy has evolved around skirting responsibility, destroying anything to do with free markets, and rewarding behaviors that undermine the civil society can not be expected to do so.
As for you comments to the high school students whose futures your policies are destroying, if it wasn't so sad, it would be funny.